The brand new EMPIRE XPU 8.00 GUI has been built with the modern QT toolkit which supports many helpful features like drag&drop, context menus or tooltips.
The 3D Design mode is intended for editing the structure in arbitrary 3D views. This mode is best suited for relative or absolute 3D positioning of objects and ports.
- Cursor snap on object center, edges, corners
- Multiple local coordinate systems (LCS)
- Group organization for material management
The 2D Design mode is intended for editing the structure in 2D view. This mode is best suited for planar and multi-layered structures
- Exact 2D positioning of objects and ports
- Mesh and boundary display
- Layer organization for height and material management
EMPIRE XPU features a collection of pre-defined pick-and-place shapes for fast model set up.
- 3D wires, solids and 3D surface
- 2D extruded shapes and spirals
- MSL and CPW elements
- RLC SMD components and layout features
EMPIRE XPU features a collection of pre-defined pick-and-place sources for fast model set up. Sources can be placed at boundaries as well as concentrated at any interior position.
- Wave ports (Quasi-TEM and MSL, CPW, Coax Feedlines)
- Lumped ports for excitation between conductors
- Hollow waveguides supporting dominant and higher order modes
- Volume Sources (plane wave, near field)
- Thermal Sources (power and EM loss)
The conformal mapping is created from a planar input file. Its geometry will be projected on a selected surface. Changing geometry of the source file will be recognized in the current drawing immediately and variables can be maintained.
- Easy mapping of 2D layout on arbitrary 3D surfaces
- Keeping variables
- Source file editable
Parts oft the geometry can be hidden and crypted to prevent readability, e.g. to. The geometry, electric property, ports and mesh will be inserted into the current drawing without displaying details. A bounding box will be used to display the volume of the protected part. Outside the bounding box surrounding objects may be entered
- Share input files with other users without revealing details
- High encryption order
Materials and objects are organized in groups or layers. Intersecting objects can be managed by priorities with no need to subtract each other.
- Conductors (Database, extendable), advanced loss models
- Dielectrics (Database, extendable), loss tangent models
- Absorbers (adjustable directive absorption)
- Dispersive Materials (Debye model creation based on frequency list)
- Drude model for plasma and meta materials
- Gabriel Model for tissues (Human body models)
- Coated Materials, Surface Impedance