EMPIRE XPU is a 3D time domain EM modeling tool for Antennas, Microwave Circuits, EM Chip design and much more. The IMST innovative & proprietary XPU technology is a smart implementation of the Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD) algorithm on modern CPU architectures. It can drastically reduce simulation times while (in contrast to GPU solutions) maintaining full access to the available main memory. Hardware costs can be drastically reduced as no expensive GPUs are needed.
- Extremely fast and highly memory efficient solver using IMST proprietary XPU technology
- Highest performance at all scales with full main memory support (more then 2TB on modern workstations)
- Just-in-time code generation and caching reduce required memory by 50%
- Interoperability with all common 3D CAD data, layout formats and vendor simulation projects
- Intuitive 3D Design Editor with fully integrated multi-layer designer
Modern cars include many antennas and radar sensors for communication and safety. Designing antennas for such systems is quite challenging and can be done very efficient with EMPIRE XPU.
- Performance analysis of radar antenna arrays including feed network and environment (radome, painted bumper, chassis)
- Car-to-Car communication including multi-path propagation
- Near- and far-field prediction of antennas mounted on vehicle
- Dosimetric assessment of near fields in human bodies (SAR, Power Density, Fields)
- Wireless power transfer analysis
Tialinx, Inc., USA
Plexsa Manufacturing, SA
Soulideth Thirakoune, Microwave Antenna Engineer,Communications Research Centre, Ottawa, Canada
Brian Cascarano, Canadian Space Agency, St Hubert, QC, Canada
Nicolas Gagnon, Microwave Antenna Engineer, Communications Research Centre, Ottawa, Canada
New FDTD simulation speed record
EMPIRE XPU 8.1.1 Released
EMPIRE XPU 8.1.0 Released
October 2021 – The new major release 8.1.0 is now available. Many enhancements were integrated in the latest revision.