EMPIRE XPU– developed by engineering excellence – is one of the leading 3D electromagnetic field simulators. It is based on the powerful Finite Difference Time Domain method (FDTD), which has become an industrial standard for RF and microwave component and antenna design. Due to EMPIRE XPU’s unique adaptive on-the-fly code generation it exhibits the fastest simulation engine known today. With this highly accelerated kernel full-wave EM-simulation problems can now be solved in minutes which used to take days some years ago.
The unique acceleration technique inside EMPIRE XPU enables fast and efficient FDTD simulations on modern CPUs. A smart algorithm calculates multiple time steps in the cache memory of the CPU. This increases the simulation speed drastically as the simulation speed is no longer limited by the main memory interface. The whole RAM memory of the PC is fast accessible for the EM simulation.
- Highest performance at all scales with full main memory support
- Just-in-time compilation and memory re-usage
- Smart exploitation and full parallel usage of cores, caches and CPUs
For structure definition, the powerful Graphical User Interface supports several structure import and export formats.
- Common 3D CAD format support with healing features
- EDA and layout data exchange
- Import of vendor projects including settings
EMPIRE XPU enables accurate full 3D EM design of larger and more complex structures compared to competition
EMPIRE XPU features an easy-to-use graphical user interface optimized for fast model set up. Monitoring and animation capabilities give physical insight into electromagnetic wave phenomena while accurate results are obtained with little effort.
- Pick-and-place library elements for sources and objects
- Automatic expert-level meshing
- Parametric geometry and properties
- Many videos, tutorials, examples and templates for quick start
EMPIRE XPU is a full 3D EM field solver based on FDTD technique. Time signals, scattering parameters, near and far fields are generated accurately for a broad frequency range within only one simulation run. It shows accurate simulation results within very short simulation time for complex EM designs.
- Verified by measurements within many design projects
- Perfect Geometry Approximation (PGA) and Thin Sheet Models (TSM) for accurate and fast simulation
- EMPIRE XPU successfully passed all the code verification tests defined in the IEC/IEEE 62704-1/D2 draft standard
- EMPIRE XPU release development is audited and ISO 9001 certified
Consulting and Support
Customers of the EMPIRE XPU software are supported by a group of experienced and competent software developers and application engineers. They are backed up by more than 60 design engineers working with this tool on design projects at IMST.