The brand new EMPIRE XPU 8.00 GUI has been built with a modern toolkit which supports many helpful features like drag&drop, context menus or tooltips.
The 3D Design mode is intended for editing the structure in arbitrary 3D views. This mode is best suited for relative or absolute 3D positioning of objects and ports.
- Cursor snap on object center, edges, corners
- Multiple local coordinate systems (LCS)
- Group organization for material management
The 2D Design mode is intended for editing the structure in 2D view. This mode is best suited for planar and multi-layered structures.
- Exact 2D positioning of objects and ports
- Mesh and boundary display
- Group organization for layer height and material management
EMPIRE XPU features a collection of pre-defined pick-and-place objects and sources for fast model set up. All objects and sources can be placed at boundaries as well as concentrated at any interior position.
- 3D wires, solids and 3D surface
- 2D extruded shapes and spirals
- MSL and CPW elements
- RLC SMD components and layout features
- Wave sources (Quasi-TEM and MSL, CPW, Coax Feedlines)
- Lumped sources for excitation between conductors
- Waveguides sources supporting dominant and higher order modes
- Volume sources (plane wave, near field)
- Thermal sources (power and EM loss)
- Conformal mapping: Objects are created from a planar input file. Its geometry will be projected on a selected surface. Changing geometry of the source file will be recognized in the current drawing immediately and variables can be maintained.
- Protected Parts: Parts of the geometry can be hidden and crypted to prevent readability. Only a bounding box will be used to display the volume of the protected part. Outside the bounding box surrounding objects may be entered
Create and analyse your RF circuit as a standalone schematic or dependent on the FDTD results. Matching circuits or feed networks can therefore be designed without the necessity to run extensive EM simulations.
- Manage as many schematics as you need
- Easy-to-use pick-and-place schematic elements
- Lumped RLC, couplers, transmission lines or external touchstone data, e.g. small signal transistor models
- S-parameter and far field result within schematic window
- Powerful interaction with internal and global variables
- Include schematics inside the optimizer and/or variable sweeps
All new simulation control engine. Keep all your simulations, variable sweeps and optimizations under control.
- Manage all your simulations settings and hosts
- Easy simulation control
- Direct feedback from the simulation engine
- Observ simulation progress and convergence
- Manage and control variable sweeps and optimizations
The all new 2D resuls engine can be used to handle and compare thounsands of curves.
- Create many independent and custom result views
- Interactive markers
- New and powerful data masks
- New display mode for 3D far-fields on a cartesian or polar surface plot
The all new 3D results engine is much more efficient, fast and offers many new beatiful display options.
- More efficient handling of large data
- Improved results caching for computational expensive data like SAR results
- Easy and intuitive new cutting plane
- Interactive 3D markers
- Context-Menus for a more interactive user experience